Wednesday, January 21, 2009

On a serious note...

Over the past 5 years my family and most of all my Mother, have been dealing with the consequences of childhood sexual abuse. My mother was and in some ways is still very much a victim of this hideous crime. She has started writing a blog in which she shares a lot of the things she has studied that she has found helpful. I am incredibly proud of my Mum for having the courage to share her story with the world, in order to help someone else that may be lost and doesn't know where to start. I recently read two books that helped me better understand the thoughts and actions of a child that has been abused. If you have someone like this in your lives, I encourage you to read them. While I understand that it's an incredibly hard thing to read a true story about a child being abused, I believe it's necessary if we want to be able to understand and help the ones we love.


2 comments:

Kylz said...

hey i saw ure mum's blog before Christmas and i didn't know she was abused. i'm deff going to try and find these books cause my mum & her sister were abused aswell.

thanks!

Zanabelle said...

Most of mums story is on her blog, just scroll down to the later posts if you wanna read it.